The day after until full healing
- Rinse your mouth three times a day with a warm salt water solution (2 ml or ½ tsp of salt in 250 ml or 1 cup of water).
- Brush your teeth and floss daily to remove plaque and ensure the best long-term results. Don’t brush near the area of the extracted tooth for the first 72 hours.
- Avoid hard foods (nuts, candy, ice).
- You may have trouble speaking and produce extra saliva. This should subside in a week.
- There may be some bruising on the skin. This will disappear in five to seven days.
- You may have trouble opening your mouth. This should diminish in four to five days.
- If the pain increases after three days, call our office.
You will feel better after a few days and can resume your normal activities. If you experience heavy bleeding, pain, continued swelling for two to three days or a negative reaction to the medication, call us at (450) 449-0353.